Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Lust List

After I saw a couple of drool-inducing products for the first time in the last week, I got to thinking. Isn't there some validity to writing down your dreams? Motivational posters and all that, right? So, perhaps if I create a fully-annotated list of things I'd like to have, the Powers-That-Be/Fates/God-or-Goddess-of-your-Choosing/Crazy-Stalker-Fans-Who-Want-to-Anonymously-Fulfill-My-Heart's-Desire-For-Nothing-in-Return/or possibly Me, would have an easier time procuring those items for me.

So without further ado, (how much more ado could she possibly muster, you are no doubt wondering...) I present, THE LUST LIST.


1. Twelve South has the most nerdtastic, lust-worthy protective cover for the MacBook in the history of nerdiness. I could just melt into a puddle of goo and trickle down the nearest drain I want this thing so bad. And each one is different! Could you die? I could die.



2. Mini Countryman is the new All-Wheel Drive version of the quirky little bulldog of the road, the Mini Cooper. I used to drive one (an S, actually, she said
with no small amount of shameless braggery), and the car's biggest downfall was it's unparalleled ability to suck in the snow. This is a big problem when you live in the icy north, as I do (no, I don't know why, thank you for asking). I used to do 360s on freeway on-ramps. All-Wheel Drive makes my little speed machine of the past into a viable possibility for my speed machine of the future.








4. New work shoes from Crocs because in the end, I'm a simple soul, and I'd just like some shoes without the strap hacked off and treads worn to a smooth surface something like a portable upside-down ice rink. And red is purrrdy.




5. "Someday he'll come along, the man I love...and he'll be [Indiana Jones] the man I love...and when he comes my way, I'll do [whatever it takes] to make him stay." Indy will forever hold a place in my heart and on my list of freebies (thank you, honey, and you know I'll do the same for you and Dark Angel). I don't mean Harrison Ford, either--although, frankly, if he offered I'd be hard pressed to say no to him--I mean the scruffy, smirky, fedora-wearing archeology professor that makes my heart go pitter-pat. I love you, Indy. *blows kisses*

There. I've clearly done my part.

- Liz

2 comments:

Kristan said...

Oh, my coworker just showed me #1 too! I totally want one someday. :D

I too love Crocs. But I must be the only person on the planet who doesn't care about / isn't impressed by the iPad. Strange.

Liz Czukas said...

Kristan: Do you have an iPhone or iPod touch? I have a Touch, and that's my lust is so acute. I've given myself eyestrain trying to read on the little guy, and his big brother seems right about my speed. Yum.