Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I is for Inspiration


Inspiration strikes without warning.  Usually at the worst possible time when you can't do anything about it.  It used to hit me when I was still working in the hospital when I was helping a patient hold still for a procedure.  Talk about inconvenient.

The single best piece of advice I can give you about inspiration is to write it down.  As soon as humanly possible.  Find a scrap of paper, the back of a receipt, tell Siri to take a note.  Just get it done.  Because I guarantee you if you don't get it down somewhere YOU WILL FORGET IT.  I have lost many an idea that way.

Now, for a random list of things that have inspired me:

  • The song Mr. Brightsides by The Killers
  • A recycling center
  • A mustache drawn on a bus shelter poster
  • Mishearing something my son said
  • Being trapped in an MRI for 3 hours
  • iPhones
  • A darkroom
See what I mean?  I never saw any of that coming.

1 comment:

Rahul Tyagi said...

Social media is widely used in business, play bazaarso take advantage of this current trend.satta king