Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Check Out My Fancy Cover!

I was lucky enough to work with the astonishingly talented Wilette Youkey on a for-fun cover for my project, The Sorbet Guy. 


Check it out!!


So cute, right?!


Wilette is fabulous to work with, quick and obviously wicked good at what she does.  She asked me questions about what my characters look like, any important symbols in the book, and for examples of book covers that I like.  


What we ended up with was this chalkboard-based motif that tickles me no end.


If you want to see more of Wilette's amazing work, or see about using her services for a cover of your own, please check out her website.  You won't regret it.


I'm gonna go gaze at my cover and smile goofily for a while. 


- Liz

4 comments:

Kristan said...

Um, that is GORGEOUS and amazing. I almost want you to self-publish it now so you can guarantee that that stays the cover!!

stephanie kuehn said...

Very sweet, I think captures the story perfectly. Enjoy the gazing!

Eleven Eleven said...

So perfect! I like the pop of pink sorbet on the silhouette, the silhouette itself, the fonts, the chalkboard background texture, and I absolutely love the fleurons. The whole thing has a scrumptious silent movie flavor to it.

Can you tell I'm a fan of graphic design? And Wilette's talent amazes me.

Wilette M Youkey said...

Thanks all! Liz was so great to work with... she just let me do whatever I wanted. And, as it turned out, my idea coincided with her chapter title themes.