Monday, April 9, 2012

H is for Hyperbole

Because writers are the best exaggerators I know, and I love that about us.

Also, hyperbole always makes me think of Hyperbole and a Half.  And Allie knows a good grammar joke when she hears one.

So, just in case you're one of the few people on the Internet who has not been inducted into the wonder that is Hyperbole and a Half, I give you:

The Alot.



P.S.  I know this post is kind of cheating compared to what I've done so far, but I have a for realsies good reason for being a cheater today.  Maybe I'll even get to share it with you soon...  *mysterious look*

5 comments:

BetsyN said...

Uh, excuse me? Cliffhanger much? DO TELL!!!!!

Heather Whitley said...

I love the Alot! Every time I see him, or his infamous spelling, I want to hug him because he is so adorable. Allie should anthropomorphize more grammar errors.

I wonder if technical writers exaggerate. I wouldn't think so, since they don't want to win your heart, they just want to get the facts straight. But fiction writers, now, if they don't exaggerate, what fun would they be to read? I'm thinking not much.

Leslie S. Rose said...

New follower, waving from my place in the mid 600's on the A to Z list. The Alot cracked me up. Off to check some of your other alpha posts.

Liz Czukas said...

Betsy, sorry to tease! I'll share as soon as I can.

Heather, I like to exaggerate ALOT.

Leslie, welcome! Thanks for the comment!

- Liz

Rahul Tyagi said...

Create a consistent schedule at work that you and others can count on. Many employers want to have a sense of consistency with their employees. They will put their trust you more when they're aware of what to expect. play bazaarBe very specific with your work hours and lunch time. If adjustments are necessary, tell your supervisor as soon as possible.satta king