Monday, April 30, 2012

W is for Wheaton's Law



Well, okay, it's probably more formally referred to as Wil Wheaton's First Rule of the Internet, but it counts for W either way, so...deal with it.

If you don't know who Wil Wheaton is, you have got some 'splainin' to do, Lucy.  Surely you remember this:


Or this:


Wil is not just a self-proclaimed nerd, he actually is one.  But the best kind.  I'd highly recommend following him on Twitter.

Wil's First Rule of the Internet applies not only to life on-line, but to life in general.  And it's not just writer-specific, it's good for everyone.

And so now, I bestow on you, some true words to live by.  Wil Wheaton's First Rule of the Internet:

Don't be a dick.

'Nuff said.

6 comments:

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I loved him on the Big Bang Theory and recently saw him on an episode of Criminal Minds. He makes a creepy serial killer!!!!

Sarah said...

Is the internet aware of this rule? Someone needs to inform it. ;)

Jeremy Bates said...

I watched the guy from the Big Bang Theory and I agree with his first rule but I think it applies to more than just being online.
Thanks for sharing, I'll be anticipatingyour next posts.

Mina Lobo said...

This should totally be on a t-shirt. *I'd* wear it. :-)

Some Dark Romantic

Donna L Martin said...

Greetings!

I'm trying to visit all the participants of the 2012 A to Z Challenge and I have arrived at your lovely blog. Good luck with the rest of the year!

Donna L Martin
www.donasdays.blogspot.com

Andy David said...

Hello.
Visiting from the Post A-Z Road Trip - I'm on a quest to visit all 1,718 people who took part!

Best wishes and thanks for sharing.

Thoughts Of Beauty In The Stillness Of Dawn...